YOU ARE A CGMA & WOULD LIKE TO QUALIFY AS A CA (SA)?
CIMA members (CGMA) are now able to gain SAICA membership and the CA (SA) qualification through the accelerated route.
Requirements for CGMA to become SAICA members [CA (SA)]
- Write and pass the SAICA ITC (Initial Test of Competency)
- CIMA members who have up to five years’ post-qualification work experience must complete 24 months of SAICA training
- Applications of members with up to ten years work experience will be individually assessed and those with more than ten years’ work experience would normally not require the completion of SAICA training.
This means that CIMA members will now be exempted from CTA and Assessment of Professional competence (APC) exam – the Board 2 exam
Contemporary Training is facilitating the process by offering preparation classes for all CGMAs who would like to sit for the SAICA ITC exam in January 2018. The ITC exam is the only exam needed to pass and become a CA (SA)
We aim for a 100% pass rate for CGMAs who will be sitting for the SAICA ITC exam. In order to achieve this 100% pass rate goal we have designed a class structure which covers all the background (Financial Reporting, Managerial Accounting & Finance, Corporate Governance & Auditing and Taxation) plus comprehensive ITC exam skills
Timetable coming soon
YOU ARE A CA (SA) & WOULD LIKE TO QUALIFY AS A CGMA?
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), will provide an expedited pathway to the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation for SAICA members who meet experience and exam requirements.
Requirements for CA (SA) to become CIMA members (CGMA)
- SAICA members with relevant work experience of between three to nine years will have to pass CIMA’s E3 Strategic Management exam and the Strategic Case Study (SCS) exam to acquire the Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA) designation
- SAICA members with relevant work experience of at least ten years will only have to pass the SCS exam to become a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
We have designed classes tailor made for SAICA members who wish to sit for the CIMA E3 and strategic case study.
Timetable coming soon